1. Theme: The supreme moment of courage. Vignette must depict an incident where an individual (e.g.: Colonel H Jones at Goose Green) or several (e.g.: the defenders of Rorke's Drift) performed an act for which he/they were later awarded their nation's highest military award for bravery in battle.
2. Era: Any period from inception of such awards to the present day.
The Rules and Regs
1. Single figure up to a dozen figures.
2. Scale 1/35 and larger.
3. Figures to be placed on a base in order to tell story. Vegetation, animals, minor fortifications such as sandbags or trenches, and a maximum of one building maybe included.
4. A single artillery piece, tank, or other vehicle may be included only if integral to story.
5. Medal winner must be at least 75% visible, and this fact must be taken into consideration when entering a depiction of a tanker, pilot, or sailor.
6. No Photoshop effects such as backdrops, filters or sepia effects.
7. Final entry must include at least 3 pix, and be submitted along with an actual quote from a published book, naming the medal winner and briefly describing the incident. If publication is in a language other than English, a translation will do. Author's name and publisher must be included as reference.
OOB figs, major conversions, or original sculpts, all are welcome.
Award: Ribbon (to be designed).